John Pier Sullivan, DMD
A great smile tells so much about a person. There are few situations in life that cannot be improved by a smile. As an orthodontist, the most rewarding part of my practice is being able to really get to know my patients. It is extremely fulfilling to be a positive aspect in their oral health and overall happiness. I never want to be a revolving door for my patients, and I love building lasting and trusting relationships. My patients know that I am always there for them and that I will always do everything that I can to help them obtain a lifetime of brilliant smiles. It is pure delight when I see smiles of laughter on our patient’s face.
Education and Continuing Education
Along the road toward becoming an orthodontist, I attended the following academic institutions:
- St. Lawrence University – Bachelor of Arts
- Harvard University Extension School – Pre-medical studies
- Boston University Dental School – Doctorate of Medical Dentistry
- U.S. Navy - Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency
- University of Rochester Eastman Dental Center – Orthodontic Residency
I understand how important it is for my patients that I stay at the forefront of all the latest developments within the orthodontic field. For this reason, I make it a priority to commit many hours each year to continuing education courses and seminars in a wide variety of dental disciplines.
I am further able to stay abreast of all the cutting edge orthodontic trends, treatments, and techniques by engaging and participating in the following professional affiliations:
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- North East Society of Orthodontists
- New York State Dental Association
- Monroe County Dental Society
I was born and raised in Pittsford and went to high school right down the street from our Pittsford location at Sutherland. It’s really cool hearing about all the recent local happenings from our patients. It is a great moment for me when I see a spark of identification when patients realize I was just like them when I was in school.
My wife Jessica is also a Pittsford native and is a physician assistant in the emergency room at Newark Wayne County Hospital. We have two wonderful daughters named Emma and Zoe. In my leisure time, I enjoy golfing, running, and sailing.